Thursday, June 9, 2011

Everyday Makeup Routine

Hey Gorgeous ones!!

I hope your day is off to fabulous start! I have just had my coffee and now that I am a human being again, let's chat! I thought today I would give you my everyday makeup routine.

The 3 most asked questions I hear while working on my clients are:
(A) What is your makeup routine?
(B) What products do you use?
(C) How long does it take you to get ready?

I'll start with (C). I am ashamed to admit it takes me an ungodly amount of time to get ready. Many moons ago when I was in the pageant circuit a gentleman told me that if a girl couldn't do her makeup in 5 minutes, she was a hag. YIKES! I wouldn't describe myself as a hag...maybe just obsessed with having the perfect face (Ha! Yeah right!). Normally on a day-to-day basis it takes me about 45 minutes to get completely ready. That's about 30 minutes of makeup and then 15 minutes for everything else (you can see where my priorities lie...). This is a bit excessive for everyday honestly. If you can do your makeup in 5 minutes (and look good), that's awesome and more power to you! I just don't see that happening for me. :P

Okay moving along to (B) my favorite products. I don't think it's a surprise that I LOVE makeup!! I could spend all day, everyday in Sephora and never get bored! That what makes it so hard to pick my favorite products. Professionally I use Makeup Forever & Dinair Airbrush system which I love, but I am not a person who can stick with the same thing for 10 years. I like variety!

Personally I use the following right now:

- Makeup Forever
- MAC
- Nars
- Too Faced
- Stila (Mascara & Eyeshadow)
- Urban Decay
- Rimmel
- Wet N Wild
- E.L.F. Cosmetics

There you have it! Now can you see why it takes me so long to get ready? Also as far as brushes go, I have all Sephora brushes. I also use Evian facial spray to set my makeup. It helps eliminate that cakey, dry look.

Okay here is my everyday makeup routine. I'll note all the products I use.

- To begin cleanse your face twice with warm water (Roc daily resurfacing disks), moisturize (Roc daily moisturizer SPF 30), and then let your skin absorb the product for a minute.

- Apply your primer (Too Faced primed and poreless bronze tint primer) all over your face evenly.

- Apply your foundation (MAC pro longwear in NC15) with your fingers, brush, or sponge (I use my fingers) all over your face. Make sure to blend well along your jawline!

- Apply concealer (MAC studio finish concealer in NW15) to all imperfections and under the eyes with your fingers, brush, or sponge (I go between fingers and a sponge).

- Lightly spray your face with the Evian facial spray to set your foundation. Let your face dry before continuing.

Eyes:

- With a large eyeshadow brush, apply a neutral mid-tone shade (The pink color from Wet N Wild coloricon trio in 380B or Walking on Eggshells) all over your eyelid.

- With a small eyeshadow brush, apply a light white or cream colored shadow (The vanilla shade from the Wet N Wild trio) to your brow-bone and the inner corner of your eye.

- With a medium fluff brush apply a dark brown/bronze color (The brown color from the Wet N Wild trio) into the natural crease of your eye in a back-and-forth motion. You want to go for a well blended look, like the colors just natural marry together.

- Wet an eyeliner brush and wipe off excess moisture, leaving the brush slightly damp. Load your brush with a black eyeshadow (any will really work, no preference) and then wipe off the excess from sides on paper towel.

- With your loaded eyeliner brush, apply a thin line to your upper lash line. You want to get as close to your natural lash line as possible. You don't want it to look like you have a ton of eyeliner on. Just enough to enhance your eyes and lashes.

- Clean off the eyeliner brush, re-wet, and wipe off the excess water. Load your brush with a brown color (the darkest color from the Wet N Wild trio will work.) Apply a thin line onto your lower lash line, right against the natural lash line.

- Curl your lashes and apply two coats of black mascara (Stila Glamoureyes Mascara).

Cheeks:
I like to apply my cheek color after I do my eye makeup. That way if there is any fall out you can brush it away with ruining your cheek color.

- Apply a warm pink cheek color (NARS Blush in Orgasm) to your cheek bones with a medium powder brush. If your not like me and do not have super rosy cheeks you can apply to the apple of your cheek.

- With a large powder brush apply a bronzer (the bronzer from e.l.f. 's contouring blush and bronzer powder set) all over your face. Make sure it is a light dusting so you don't look like a reject from the Jersey Shore lol!

Lips (MUAH!):

- Apply a neutral lip liner (Rimmel is excellent, I don't have the shade though) along the natural curves of your lip, then smudge a little so the line isn't so harsh.

- Apply a warm pink gloss (NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm) over your lined lips. Blot any excess off with a tissue.

Finishing Touches:

- With your large powder brush, apply a little powder (MAC Studio Careblend pressed powder in Medium) to your T-Zone if your skin tends to be oily.

- Spritz your pretty face with a little more Evian facial spray to set everything!


And your are done superstar! I am including pictures of everything I used so if you decide you want to recreate this look yourself, you know what everything looks like!

Stay Fabulous Gorgeous ones!
:) xoxo Lacey


Concealer
Foundation
Primer
Moisturizer
Cleanser
Lipgloss
Blush
Mascara
Eyeshadow Trio


Facial Spray

No comments:

Post a Comment